POSITION TITLE: Analyst, Finance
REPORTING TO: Director, Finance
Founded in 1996, Kensington Capital Partners Limited (“Kensington”) is an employee-owned, high performing alternative investment firm with offices in Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary.
Our purpose is to build great businesses, and in doing so, create top-performing investment solutions for our investors. We invest in a portfolio of innovative direct and fund investments through diversified funds focused on private equity, venture capital, and hedge funds. As of April 2021, Kensington has assets under management of $1.7 billion, managed across several active funds.
Kensington is looking for a motivated Analyst to join the Kensington Finance Team in Toronto. The Analyst alongside the Finance Team is responsible for delivering timely and accurate financial reports, maintaining high standards of controls and operational efficiency, and providing value-add analytical insights into the investment performance. The Analyst will be a part of a high-paced and high-performing team and will have the opportunities to participate in strategic projects targeted to help the business scale with the growth of the portfolio.
- Prepare journal entries to record investment and corporate activities; with appropriate analysis and supporting documentation;
- Review transaction documents and loan agreements to ensure accounting records are properly reflected;
- Prepare and organize monthly documentation to support the month-end close;
- Analyze financial results to assess reasonability and fluctuations in the portfolio;
- Perform monthly reconciliation and investigate and document discrepancies;
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end working papers with appropriate analysis and supporting documentation for annual financial reporting and audit purposes;
- Prepare and review the forecast and budget models;
- Assist with tax filings
- Identify and suggest areas of improvement to existing processes to enhance efficiencies and ensure consistent reporting practices across portfolio;
- Maintain up-to-date desktop procedures and assist with the updating of documentation as necessary; and
- Participate in accounting research projects, as needed.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly NAV’s for Funds
- Prepare and review funding requests in accordance with approved commitments;
- Prepare funding requests and wire instructions for capital calls and distributions;
- Assist and prepare cash/distribution projections for assigned funds
- Processing of vendor invoices of Funds
- Organize and oversee the gathering of financial and operating information for compliance reporting purposes;
- Responsible for compiling information for statutory reporting, as required; and
- Liaise with the Legal team to ensure legal records are complete and accurate.
- Other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in accounting for the financial sector;
- University degree in Business or related discipline;
- Successful completion of an accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA or CGA); or is in the process of completion
- Knowledge of IFRS, would be considered an asset
- Strong analytical skills and results oriented;
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately (both verbal and written);
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness is very important along with the ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to manage conflicting priorities; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Investran, would be considered an asset
Candidates who are interested in the opportunity are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter (optional) to email@example.com.
All applications will be held in strict confidence. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.