Our History | Kensington
- Kensington awarded the Venture Capital Catalyst Initiative (VCCI) by the Government of Canada.
- Kensington opens office in Vancouver.
- Kensington awarded mandate for British Columbia’s BC Tech Fund.
- Kensington opens office in Calgary.
- Kensington launches Power Income Fund III.
- Kensington acquires interest in Westboro Management Ltd, adding the Westboro Mortgage Investment Corporation to its alternative asset platform.
- Kensington awarded VCAP mandate by Canadian Government – launches Kensington Venture Fund.
- Kensington launches first Power Income Fund, adding infrastructure to its alternative asset platform.
- Kensington acquires Manna Asset Management to build hedge fund expertise – launches Kensington Hedge Fund, adding hedge funds to its alternative asset platform.
- Kensington launches Private Equity Fund, the first prospectus qualified private equity fund, designed equally for individual investors and institutional investors.
- Kensington launches Fund of Funds IV designed for institutional investors for Canadian private equity.
- Kensington launches International Fund designed for institutional investors for international private equity.
- Kensington launches Fund of Funds II, the first Canadian private equity program designed for high net worth individual investors.
- Kensington launches Fund of Funds I, the first Canadian private equity Fund of Funds dedicated to the Canadian mid-market.
- Kensington launches first private equity co-investment fund.
- Kensington founded by Tom Kennedy and begins private equity investing program.